Pool Fence. South Florida Fencing. The most economical & elegant option with our aluminum mechanical fence. Broward County – Fort Lauderdale Pompano
POOL FENCE BUILDING CODES & LAW FOR COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL FENCE POOLS
All fence Pools public and private must:
• Be separated by a barrier at least 48 inches high.
• Gates or doors must swing out, away from the pool area, and be self-closing and self-latching, with the latch at a height of at least 54 inches.
• The distance between rails, which are horizontal members, must be at least 45 inches, to prevent them from facilitating access as steps.
• The space between pickets, which are vertical members, must be less than 4 inches apart. Chain link mesh must be 1 3/4″ or smaller, or 2″ or smaller mesh with privacy slats.
• All doors and windows leading to the pool area shall have an audible alarm.
MAGNETIC LATCH INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
Determine mounting height based upon local code requirements
Install Upper Bracket using (3) self drilling flat head screws, as near to the top of the fence as possible.
Install Lower Bracket:
1. Align the rear groove in the Main Latch Body with the tab in the Upper Bracket and slide the latch into position. Using a measuring device, locate the top of the latch at the proper height (Fig 1)
“REFER TO ALL LOCAL BUILDING CODES”
2. Temporarily insert the Bottom Bracket and align the holes with the (3) countersunk holes at the bottom of the Main Body (Fig 3). With the latch at the proper height, mark the location on the post.
3. Remove main body and attach the lower bracket with the supplied self drilling screws: (2) flat head and (2) pan head.
Install Main Body:
1. Reinstall main body as described in STEP 3 by sliding over both the Upper and Lower Brackets.
2. Align the holes of the Latch and Bottom Bracket, making sure that the overall latch height is maintained, and secure with (1) #8 flat head screw. (Fig 3)
With gate closed, position keeper and allign with Main Latch Body. Secure Keeper to gate with (4) self drilling pan head screws provided.
If any final adjustments are needed, use the Horiontal adjustment screw in the Keeper assembly, and or the Vertical Adjustment holes located in the Lower Bracket.
1. Gate Latch Main Body Assembly w/2 keys
2. Adjustable Latch Keeper
3. Upper Mounting Bracket
4. Lower Mounting Bracket
5. Screw Pack: Total of 12 screws
* (6) #10 x ¾” self drilling pan head
* (5) #10 x ¾” self drilling flat head
* (1) #8 x 3/8” flat head
6. Installation and maintenance Instructions
Swimming pool fence, gates and latches cannot be substituted for adult supervision. If using this latch on a swimming pool gate, consult all appropriate local authorities for safety requirements.